Handibot® Smart Power Tool v2.0, Adventure Edition
Handibot® Smart Power Tool v2.0 Adventure Edition is the innovative power tool you can take anywhere and run from any WiFi-enabled device. Use it to perform precise and easily repeatable cutting, carving, machining, and milling operations. Work with wood, MDF, plastics, foams, and aluminum. All at the press of a button.
This is CNC, totally reimagined: less hassling, more making.
Take a quick look at The Handibot Smart Power Tool Adventure Edition and you might say, "OK, it's a small CNC router." Yes... But there's a whole lot more to it:
- Unlike other CNC tools, the Handibot tool is pick-up-and-carry-portable! Simply place it directly on your material, whether it’s on a table, the floor, the wall, or even the ceiling. The tool cuts through its base into whatever you’re working on. You've got freedom to work wherever the work takes you.
- The revolutionary new control software, FabMo, unleashes more freedom. This built-in digital fabrication and motion control system gives you the robust power of CNC technology while reducing the challenges of CNC:
You don't need to know how to use CAD and CAM software, you can simply use apps to make projects and run the tool to do simple jobs. If you want to work with the traditional CAD to CAM workflow, we provide access to two powerful software programs for creating CNC projects: VCarvePro ShopBot Edition and Autodesk Fusion360.
- FabMo also lets you create anywhere you want. Control and monitor the Handibot tool from any WiFi-enabled device: a Mac or PC computer, an Android or iOS phone, or any tablet. This is wireless CNC!
New Hardware Features on the Adventure Edition:
- Open front design allows you to change bits and move your material easily.
- Connect a vacuum to Handibot’s built in dust extraction system to collect sawdust from cutting and keep your shop clean while you work.
- Built-in clear hood helps cut down router noise, keeps sawdust and other waste isolated to the tool, and helps keep fingers safe.
- Handibot’s rigid, aluminum-reinforced frame and steel bearings ensure clean, precise cuts.
- Electronic tool tip location makes changing tools during a job quick and reliable.
About the Software: FabMo is included!
- Compatible with any device with a web browser.
- App based platform allows work without any experience with CAD/CAM software; simply install a purpose built app for one of a variety of projects and work through a simple visual interface
- Experienced CNC users can still run files from their preferred CAD/CAM package in an interface with all the features and flexibility of professional CNC tools.
- Learn more About FabMo
Handibot is compatible with many software programs, including: • AutoCAD • Rhino 3D • SketchUp • ArtCAM • Vector Art 3D • Cabinet Vision • EnRoute • KCDw • MasterCAM • MillWizard • OneCNC • Shape 3D • Vector CAD CAM • Visualmill • CabinetParts Pro • DeskProto • eCabinet System
Handibot® is a community-supported, open source development platform.
We are sharing design files and other development resources with the Handibot community and encourage contributors to use these resources to rip, remix, burn and share their version of Handibot and accessories. Use Handibot as a starting point or use it just how it is, fully assembled and ready for work.
- XYZ movement/cutting volume: 6” x 8” x 3” (152mm x 203mm x 76mm)
- Linear bearings: Precision linear guides and blocks on each axis
- Drive System: Motors with integral lead screw and anti-backlash nut on each axis
- Resolution: 0.00025” (.00635mm)
- Cut speed: up to 2 inches per second
- Jog speed: up to 3 inches per second
- Frame: Aluminum reinforced High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- DeWALT DWP 611 1.25 HP Variable Speed Compact Router (230V version: DeWALT D26200-GB 900W Variable Speed Compact Router)
- Integrated dust collector with rear-mounted vacuum port. Requires vacuum and standard 1.25” vacuum hose with rigid, tapered end.
- Removable tool enclosing hood
- Electronic tool tip location for quick and easy bit changes.
- Electrical system requirements: 120V @ 15Amps (International 230V @ 10Amps)
- Footprint (with ExoFrame centered on base): 21” x 16” x 13.5” (533mm x 406mm x 343mm)
- Footprint (with ExoFrame at Y-Axis travel limits): 21” x 24” x 13.5” (533mm x 607mm x 343mm)
- Weight: 45 (20.4 Kg)
- FabMo Wireless Control System to run your Handibot
- Each new Handibot tool comes bundled with two powerful software programs to create CNC projects
What's In the Box
- Handibot® Smart Power Tool v2.0 Adventure Edition
- Printed Handibot® user manual
- LMT Onsrud 37-61 ½”90 Degree V-bit, 61-040 1/8” O flute Straight-cut, and 52-287 ¼” 2 flute Up-cut
- DeWALT DWP 611 router, user manual and collet wrench (230V version: DeWALT D26200-GB router, user manual and collet wrench)
If you are a school in the US and would like to order with a PO, please contact us or fax to 919-502-7724.
Our goal is to offer you the fastest and lowest-cost shipping method. The shipping charge will be noted at Checkout. Delivery of oversized items (Handibot Smart Power Tool included) or special handling orders will require an adult signature at the time of delivery. Most orders ship via FedEx Ground for domestic orders and FedEx International Economy for international orders.
We cannot ship to PO Box addresses. Please use a physical address.
Orders ship from our production facility in Durham, North Carolina.
Shipment Delivery Time
Your purchase of in-stock merchandise will be shipped on the day you order if we receive the order prior to 12 PM, Monday through Friday, not including holidays. Orders of in-stock items received after 12 PM local time will be shipped the next business day. Special orders and out-of-stock merchandise may require additional time prior to shipment.
Please note that Handibot Smart Power Tool orders may require 2-3 days to ship for domestic orders and 7-10 days for international orders, if the item is in stock. Time in transit is typically 1-7 days depending on your location; international orders that are slow to move through customs may require additional time for delivery. If the shipment of your order is delayed, we will notify you by email. If multiple items are ordered where one or more items are out of stock, by default all items will ship when out-of-stock items are available. If you wish to receive in-stock items sooner, you may order these items separately in which case they will be subject to the delivery schedule above.
We ship the Handibot via FedEx International Priority. FedEx ships to more than 220 countries and territories. Check the FedEx International Countries Served list to see if you country is included. We are not able to ship internationally via US Mail.
Your shipping charge will be based on the weight of your order. This includes items shipped in multiple boxes. To get a shipping estimate based on your cart, enter your country, state and zip here.
Orders Damaged in Shipping
If you believe a package received from us was damaged in transit, please refuse shipment and tell the carrier that you are refusing delivery because the package is damaged. Contact us to let us know about the damage via email or call 919-213-8348.
Your original shipping charge will be refunded for a part sent to you in error, a defective part, or an order you refuse due to damage in shipping. This refund will automatically be credited once we receive and inspect the part. If only a portion of your order is returned, the refund for shipping costs will be prorated. Details can be found in the Returns Policy.
We Also Recommend